Friday, June 3, 2011

Finally Here!

Well folks, summer has finally arrived (although it doesn't really feel like it outside)! Today was the last day of school and it is so bittersweet! With the paper chain hanging in our room for the past month and the dreams of laying poolside, I have been so excited for summer! But when 1:25 came today, I was so sad to see my babies leave! Here are a few things I am going to miss the most about not being with my kids everyday:
  • Getting hugged a zillion times a day (I can probably have Brent help me with this one)
  • Speech impediments (you totally fall in love with them)
  • Dancing to Jailhouse Rock, Twist and Shout, and the Hokey Pokey
  • Laughing at the funny things kids say
  • Hearing about 20 times a day "Mom, I mean Mrs. Keller! I always call you Mom!"
  • My kids being so excited about everything in my life that they want to share it!
Here is an example of the last one. During the last 5 minutes I was alone with my kids, I decided to let them in on a little secret. I told them I had a surprise for them, but that they would have to wait until they were second graders. After they realized my secret, they proceeded to throw their arms in the air and ran to every teacher outside (who all still didn't know) yelling, "Mrs. Keller is having a baby!!!"

Oh yeah... we are having a baby. :)
ETA 12.07.11

6 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!? Seriously! I'm so dang excited for you. Wahoo!! How have you been feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad you are "public" now! I know it was bittersweet, but now you get to sit back, relax and enjoy your last summer of quiet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys!! I hope you and your adorable baby (it will just be gorgeous, I know it) are doing well, so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary rose!!!!! i'm beside myself- i am so happy for you guys!! what awesome news. i want to know details, how you're feeling, how brent was when you told him, etc. please say you're coming to my shower next weekend? If not, we have to have a reunion/lunch date or something. i miss you and am so happy for you. love you lots!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats MaryRose! I am so so happy for you and Brent. What a fun time in your life:) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is so exciting! Lisa is having a little boy in September. Hope you have been feeling well!

    ReplyDelete