Wednesday, January 12, 2011


Now this picture may be difficult to see, but let me tell you what it is....

This is Lole on her bed in our bedroom. The cord goes to the heating pad she is laying on, and she is wrapped up in that blanket with her face barely peeping out. Now I know you are probably thinking, "well duh... Lole is treated like a princess so this is normal." Haha but no. She has pneumonia (the vet is pretty sure). She has been sick ever since we got home from from Memphis. She is hacking and coughing up all the time! It is the weirdest thing! She has been on antibiotics and Robitussin for 5 days now and still isn't better so she has a vet appt. tomorrow.

To top it off, the other day we came home from watching the football game and found that our furnace was broken. Of course no one answered the emergency phone number or called us back, so we got to snuggle up with the weather in the single digits outside. Needless to say... we were not very happy.

It is crazy how we treat our dogs like children, but we are totally guilty of it! Brent has been taking late night Lole duty all week and so I figured I could help baby her a little last night. Last night after I got in bed, Lole was sitting up in her bed coughing and hacking. And then she would come sit next to my bed and look up at me with those big sad eyes. So of course I get down and lay on the floor with her. She was so needy that she insisted her face next to mine (while she coughed). Finally this moved to the couch, and then I had to abandon her and go to bed because I was afraid I was going to wake up with throw up on me lol!

Bless her little heart, hopefully she gets better soon!

1 comment:

  1. :( Poor Lole! We hope she feels better really soon! And by the way, I'm super impressed you would get your face that close. I hate to admit if there is even a possibility of throw up I keep my distance! ;)

    ReplyDelete