Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's About Time!

So I have finally gotten around to reading for fun again!! Since last month I am onto my third wonderful book! Brent has been studying super hard for his tests next month to get his different licenses, and so I have had more time to read! :)

Here is what I have been reading!

This book was so good! I loved how it made me think. What was really interesting, was reading it on the way to Memphis to visit my family. When I got there it was amazing to me to see how much the South has changed in 40 years for the better! I would recommend this in a heartbeat to anyone! And last week I saw the preview for the movie that was coming out! I am glad I read the book first! :)

LOVED this book!! It was one of those books that keeps you on the treadmill forever and going to bed late because you can't wait to read what is on the next page! I finished it about a week before the movie came out and was so excited! The movie was great, but I still like the book more! Haha next time I will leave a bigger gap between, because the book was so fresh on my mind and I hated that the movie left parts out and changed things! But still so good!

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is my current read! So far I am loving it! I am about 25% through with it (according the Kindle app on the iPad :) This book reminds me a lot of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and I am loving how it makes me think. I love to read about what this 9 year old boy is thinking and how he talks to people! It is heartbreaking and also really funny at times! I have found myself reading selections to Brent since they made me laugh out loud :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestions! I got Water For Elephants for Easter and can't wait to finally find some time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED Water For Elephants - I read it in a couple of days while we were on vacation. And Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is definitely a great read. I'm actually reading one of his (Jonathan Safran Foer) early novels right now, so I'll have to let you know if it's any good. I've been meaning to check out The Help - sounds like it's pretty great. Books rule!

    ReplyDelete