Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kids Remember Everything

So last week, when we were talking about birthdays in class, I told my kids that March 28th was going to be Lole's 4th birthday! They insisted we needed to make her birthday cards (we love to do to this haha), and then there wasn't much said about it again. I had an appt. on Monday, so I left at lunch and had a sub for the afternoon. On Tuesday morning, my kids come in and ask me about Lole's birthday:

"Mrs. Kellers, what did you do yesterday for Lole's birthday?"
"Oh no! I am the worst mom ever! I forgot it was her birthday yesterday!"
"You really are the worst mom Mrs. Keller! How could you forget!?!?"
"I had a lot going on and so I forgot!"

A couple hours later we proceeded to color birthday pictures for Lole. As we went throughout the rest of the day, and all day today I think I heard the following statement about 200 times: "Mrs. Keller, how could you forget your dog's birthday?!"

Needless to say, I will no longer tell my kids anymore dates I will probably forget. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Kids really do remember everything. Especially ones like Leecy T! She doesn't let us forget anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha seriously though, how could you forget Lole's birthday? Just kidding ha.

    ReplyDelete